Often clients ask the excellent question, Why? Why social selling and infographics? So, for two of our most frequently addressed topics, here are a few bits of science to explain:
1. Why use social media to promote brand?
In addition to the expanded brand awareness , timeliness, and lower cost benefits, social media provides the information well-informed, well-researched clients and customers seek. According to a Linked In survey, today 72% of buyers research on social media before buying and 81% engage when the social brand is strong. Also, remember the days of B2B when you engaged with the client? Gone. Today's decision makers are typically a multiple; research suggests that 5.4 decision makers are involved in most B2B decisions; with social selling your reach and opportunity for engagements expands. Linked In Sales Solutions publishes and excellent guide for more tips: "Getting Started with Social Selling"
2. Why should we use infographics?
First of all infographics are everywhere; according to Google's Insights for searching data, search volumes have increased by 800% in the past few years. Translated, exceptional SEO . In addition, because information is better understood when visuals and text are combined, well designed infographics better transmit complex information. Neomam published an excellent article entitled "Thirteen reasons why your brain craves infographics." The entire piece is a fun visual read we recommend; here are the highlights:
- "the use of visualized information has increased [ 400% in literature since 1990, 9900% on the internet since 2007, 142% in newspapers between 1985 and 1994]
- we are visually wired [50% of the brain is involved in visual processing, 70% of all sensory receptors are in your eyes, and we can get the sense of a visual scene in less than .01 seconds]
- it takes us 150 milliseconds for a symbol to be processed and 100 milliseconds to attach a meaning to it
- because we suffer from overload, infographics help because they are more engaging
- color visuals increase the willingness to read by 80%
- information is more accessible: people following directions with text and illustrations do 323% better than those without illustrations
- infographics are more persuasive; people remember 80% of what they see AND do
- infographics are easy to digest, fun to share and extremely engaging"
So the answer to why, both for social selling and infographics is brand awareness, at its best.